Announcements and Key Dates
We are open with limited capacity. Reservations are not required to attend services in-person; however, all parishioners must comply with COVID-19 policies and procedures.
Dear Stewards and Friends,
As you may have seen, the COVID-19 cases in our area continue to rise, as a result, we are making a few adjustments so Parishioners can still enjoy our services, together, but also remain safe.
- We are going to postpone the following events for the month of January: coffee hour fellowship, our tender hearted ministry, and our Orthodox studies classes. We will look to pick these ministries back up in February after we have had time to evaluate the progress.
- We will also be conducting all services upstairs in our main Church as the space is larger and allows for more spacing and better air circulation.
- We will continue to have our Sunday School classes because those classrooms do allow for the children to space out, and we ask that the teachers assist the students to space properly.
- We will continue to ask all Parishioners to sign in at the Pangari upon entry for tracing purposes.
- We will continue our masking policy, highly recommending that all Parishioners remain masked throughout the service.
- We ask that you exercise more caution and that you are more aware of the spacing between you and other Parishioners.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to the Parish Council and we can help answer any questions.
We look forward to celebrating the Divine Liturgy with you and thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation. May God bless you and your families with a safe, happy, and healthy new year.
Assumption Parish Council
Worshipping at Home?
All services are livestreamed from our YouTube channel, and we invite you to worship with us from home or wherever you are!
For a full schedule of liturgical services, view our Parish Calendar.
- PARISH VASILOPITA CUTTING AND PARISH BRUNCH 2022 - Please join us on Sunday, January 9 following the Divine Liturgy for our annual Parish cutting of the Vasilopita and Brunch in Plato Hall.
- Caregivers Support Group at Holy Apostles - Monday, January 10 Click on link for more info
Read the Sunday Bulletin for the latest news and announcements at Panagia.
GIFT OF LIGHT
Please give the “Gift of Light” to Assumption Panagia’s Church. We need a family or an individual, to sponsor, per week, the lighting of our vigil lamps and candles in both of our holy Altars of Panagia and Saint Catherine. This includes the daily lighting of both of our holy Altars throughout the week. Suggested donation for this ministry is $100.00. Reservations, with your donation to Assumption Church, can be made through the church office. Simply, ask for the week you desire and remember to offer the names of your loved ones, both the living and those who have fallen asleep, so that they may be commemorated at the Prothesis Table of Oblation) during the Sunday Orthros of that week.
An acknowledgement in the weekly bulletin will be printed. Please specify if you would like your donation posted either in memory of… or for the health and well being of…. Our Church is blessed to have two consecrated Altars. During the Consecration service, and forever after, the Lord entrusts to the angelic powers to keep the holy Altar pure and holy. As Saint Symeon of Thessaloniki reminds us, the Holy Altar is the border between heaven and earth, it is the throne of glory and the dwelling place of God and the workshop of the gifts of the Holy Spirit. We all need prayers, and your “Gift of Light” will help.
Orthodox Studies: Living the Divine Liturgy
Please join us for our next monthly study on Monday, October 18 at 6:00 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. in Saint Catherine’s Chapel as we explore the mystery of the Holy Spirit and Its Divine Grace through the Divine Liturgy. Refreshments will be provided before Father Apostolos' presentation.
Please join us for our next monthly study on Monday, January 24, 2022, at 6:00 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. in Saint Catherine’s Chapel as we explore the mystery of the Holy Spirit and Its Divine Grace through the Divine Liturgy. Refreshments will be provided before Father Apostolos' presentation.
Young Adult Bible Study - Interest Form
Please fill out the form in this link if you are interested in participating in a multi parish Bible Study specifically for Young Adults that TELOS is hosting! We are so excited to get started! :)
Did you know that the Orthodox Church has a prayer service for Wedding Anniversaries? While planning with your spouse what you will do on your day of remembrance, don’t forget to contact the Church Office to set-up an appointment for the prayer service with Father Apostolos. While it is suggested that the prayer be read on your Wedding Anniversary, it may also be read on Sundays after Church services.
Elderly Home Care Supplies
If you or someone you know is in need of elderly home care supplies, please let us know. We have an assortment of items, all of which are unopened and unused, available for donation. Please contact Kristin Callahan with inquiries.
- 2022 dates available: January 2, 23, 30 – February 6, 13, 20 and March 6, 13, 20, 27
**Please note Great Lent begins on March 7. No meat/dairy allowed**
If you have questions, ideas, or talents to volunteer to Assumption's communications efforts, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Assumption Greek Orthodox Church
601 S. Central Avenue
Chicago, IL 60644
Phone: (773) 626-3114
Fax: (773) 626-3141
The Church office is open Monday through Thursday from 9:00 am - 2:00 pm and Friday from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm.
Do you see something that needs the attention of our Maintenance committee, click here?
General website support or website questions, click here!
Access to all things Panagia's is now at your fingertips. Keep up to date with upcoming events, view new photos and videos, receive notifications directly to your home screen, make donations directly from you phone...it's all possible! Download the new parish app today and experience our parish life in a whole new way!
Live Divine Liturgy Services can be viewed every Sunday morning beginning at 9:45 am CDT